While I was on tastespotting.com the other day I saw this recipe for Peppermint Fudge and thought to myself this would be great. I did modify the recipe slightly but it is still delicious.
Ingredients:14oz of sweetened condensed milk 1 Tbsp butter 20oz of dark chocolate 1/4 tsp salt 1/8 tsp peppermint extract 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 package of Andes mints (I froze mine then chopped them up)
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle half the peppermint chunks in the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Create a double boiler by placing glass or metal bowl over a medium sauce pot over medium heat with 2 inches of water. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Pour the condensed milk and butter in the bowl and heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and salt in the bowl. Stir the chocolate and watch as it melts.
- The mixture should be very THICK almost too thick to pour.
- Add both extracts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Tap the dish on the counter for at least a minute to get all the air bubbles out.
- Sprinkle the remaining peppermint chips over the top and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, maybe longer, to set.
- To cut, dip a sharp knife in hot tap water, and wipe. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts.
These were so so good I put two in the cookie tins that I sent away to my exchange friends :)