One of my most favorite things to eat for supper is Flank Steak, and if you know me at all there are a lot of favorite things that I like to have for supper 😀 The reasons that Flank Steak makes this list is that it is little to no work, you put the marinade in a large Ziploc bag, and if you are at a loss for a recipe you can just make one up that sounds good (usually what I do) leave it in the fridge over night, and then broil it for a few minutes each side, or BBQ (the best) it when you have access to your BBQ. Anyway, below is the recipe that I had for supper this week
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and ground black pepper. Place meat in a shallow glass dish. Pour marinade over the steak, turning meat to coat thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- we put it in a ziplock bag, less mess and easier to rotate for better coverage
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the grill, and discard the marinade. Grill meat for 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
We served it with rice (my dad took the photos….)
This is what it looked like plated (we like our steak pretty rare)
(These photos are courtesy of my family, I was unavailable to take them so my family stepped in *thanks!*)