Ok so I am volunteering with the Global Education Initiative and on Wednesday we had Fall Frenzy to inform interested parties about what we are doing this semester and what has went on this summer. Anyone who volunteers with the GEI knows we are avid bakers and if you come to a meeting bring tupperware to bring home something yummy 🙂 Anyway for my table I made Funfetti Cupcakes, yes they are just as awesome as they sound 🙂
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 XL egg whites
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cup plain yogurt (I used activia)
- 2 or 3 tbsp of sprinkles of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Mix together in a bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together melted butter and sugar until combined. Add egg whites and beat until mixture is smooth and light.
Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the yogurt. Gently fold in sprinkles.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, until cupcakes are barely golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out with a couple of loose crumbs. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in tins. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I then topped them with store bought cream cheese frosting (I had zero time to make my own frosting 😦 )